Search This Blog

Thursday, March 4, 2010

News: Valve speculosity part 2: Hi, I'm a Mac


Part 2 of my coverage on Valve's pwnage of the gaming world right now. First part can be found here.

A day after they give Portal owners messages to decipher, they send 6 choice games/Mac websites an image each. The images have something do with a Valve game but they've also obviously been made with an inspirational bite (wordplay!) from Apple's own marketing style.

See 'em below.

---


Although the official announcement has yet to be made, this is pretty clear that Steam is heading to Macs. This probably means that for some time now, Valve has been working to make their games wholly playable on those iconic white boxes.

It's definitely what Mac users have wanted for sometime. It used to be that Valve fans who are also owners of Macs would install Virtual XP (before Boot Camp) just to play the ol' Counter-Strike. Now it'll work perfectly with Mac's native OS.

I can't say I'm totally happy for them because I'm in a war against Macs. Sure, their iPods and iPhones are great, but I think Apple is really mean to make their "Hi, I'm a Mac" ads, making PCs look retarded. I'll forever be sore about that, plus don't get me started on Mac users who are fanatics, always going on and on about how Macs are the best and whatnot. Can't stand it.

But no, I won't be a sour puss. Macs, as late as they are, are welcome to the Valve party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...