Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Thinky stuff: Haz moarz Mass Effectz 2


As you may have been able to tell from my extremely lengthy review of Mass Effect 2, I like the game very much. And if you couldn't tell, or didn't read it (shame on you), well then now you know.

I read a lot of other gaming blogs and sites across the Internet Universe, and it appears I'm not the only one who went gaga for this epic sci-fi space opera saga-of-the-century bonanza. And I don't normally want to use my blog as a dumping ground for other people's write-ups, but there have been some entertaining readz aboot the game in question.

So if you're interested in reading more words on the topic, click on below. A little warning, some spoilers abound. But by now, you should've already played the game!!!

---

First up, two reviews of Mass Effect 2 from the folks down at Rock, Paper, Shotgun. I like dem dudes at RPS, they be smart about dem video games, so that's pretty much all the testimonials I need to give. Read here, and here.

This 'un is a little biased because it's a Comparison-o-article between PS3 juggernaut Uncharted 2 (which I thought was also pretty awesome) and Mass Effect 2. I think the reasoning behind doing this article has to do with how Uncharted 2 was heralded as a godsent when it first came out, and perhaps some critics have grown tired of hearing that. Anyway, good reading all the same, click here. There's also a little console-war brewing in between the lines, but if you're a PC gamer like me, ignore 'em.

Two more and that'll be all I'll talk about this game (maybe not). Both from Gamer Melodico, a new blog to have popped into the stratosphere some weeks back, and it's proving to be rather good. I like this guy's post about Shephard's anti-press tendencies across both the first game and sequel. Hilarious stuff.

The second post is about a romantic tryst the writer had in the game. Not only did he believe the romance was pretty good but it also spoke volumes about the personalized nature of ME2 for every individual player.

And that's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...