Search This Blog

Monday, May 25, 2009

Thinky stuff: Bioshock and seriously thinking about it

I am always grappling with Bioshock as a game. Sometimes I think I know it and can give a very clear opinion of the game, and sometimes, I really have no clue what I'm saying. So I stumbled upon a nice article by Kieron Gillen from Rock Paper Shotgun (my favorite gaming blog site) he wrote back in 2007 in defense of Bioshock from all the anti-Bioshock people out there.

It had very convincing arguments as to why Bioshock is more than just a commercial game and that there are several sublayers of genius to be understood if you step back and look at the big picture as he did. Damn, these Rock Paper Shotgun journalists are truly godlike in their contemplation.

Read it here and be amazed at the things you never thought about the game.

Perhaps I should really go back and play again to appreciate, not just to shoot things like a dumbass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...