Search This Blog

Friday, May 8, 2009

Thinky stuff: Silent Hill Homecoming SPOILED FOR MYSELF

I think I have just learnt a little more about myself and specific games I like to play. The ones I don't like to play include games that are poor ports of console games. Games that have awkward fighting mechanics. Games that make you look around too much for that little stupid key that needs to open the next door. I think I just don't have the capacity for survival horror that emphasizes SURVIVAL. Stuff like Silent Hill and the older Resident Evil. Dead Space and the later Resident Evils (4 onwards) don't count as much survival cause you shoot things so often that there isn't anything scary left.

Sorry, Silent Hill, I tried me best to like you. It wasn't that I was scared of the dark corridors and largely bosom-ed faceless nurses trying to cut me, I just couldn't handle the awkward 3rd-person mechanics overall. Give me first person and I'll rip through them monsters like it was my birthday.

PC version of the game looks horrible despite of how good your system can be (you can only choose between medium and high settings, none of the advanced stuff). Character animation is top-notch though, and voice acting brought the characters to life as much as I played. And the pace was just too plodding. Plus, I spoilt it for myself with Wiki; nice story.

Only play if you're seriously into survival horror. Attention-deficit individuals look elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...